Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Crazy Dreams

Fail. It is Tuesday, and I usually figure out my song of the week on Monday. I have a good excuse though. Really. My good friend, Savannah, left for China on Friday for at least a year. I got an email from her last night, so instead of posting a song at nearly midnight like I usually do, I wrote her back. Provided the situation, I figure this week's song should be inspired by her. 
Savannah's last night in the USA
I am really in awe of Savannah. It was her dream to go to China for a year and teach English. She didn't give up until she made it happen. I don't know that I'm that brave - to pick my life and move to a foreign country where I don't know anyone, leaving my family, friends, and everything I am familiar with behind, not speaking the native language. When Savannah told us (our close group of friends) that she wanted to move to China, we all thought it was just crazy. We couldn't wrap our minds around her dream. I am truly happy for her that she has the opportunity to pursue it, but of course I miss her. (Savannah is writing a blog about her experience in China. Once she gets it set up, I'll link you to it!) I'm still trying to figure out my dreams and how to get there. If Savannah can do it, I can too. Thank God even crazy dreams come true! 

"Crazy Dreams"
Carrie Underwood

Hello you long-shots, you dark horse runners,
Hair brush singers, dash-board drummers,
Hello you wild magnolias, just waiting to bloom.
There's a little bit of all that inside of me and you,
Thank God even crazy dreams come true.

I've stood at the bottom of some walls
I thought I couldn't climb.
I felt like Cinderella at the ball, just running out of time.
So I know how it feels to be afraid, 
and think that it's all gonna slip away
Hold on, Hold on.

Here's to you free souls, you fire-fly chasers.
Tree climbers, porch swingers, air guitar players.
Here's to you fearless dancers,
shaking walls in your bedrooms
There's a lot of wonder left inside of me and you,
Thank God even crazy dreams come true.

Never let a bad day be enough, 
to go and talk you into giving up.
Sometimes everybody feels like you.

I've met some go-getters, some difference makers.
Small town heros, and big chance takers.
I've met some young hearts with something to prove.

Here's to you long-shots, you dark horse runners
Hair brush singers, dash-board drummers
Here's to you wild magnolias, just waiting to bloom.
There's a little bit of all that inside of me and you.

Thank God even crazy dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment