Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gobble Gobble

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. From the way things are looking around here though, it feels like tomorrow is Christmas! Don’t get me wrong, I love me some Christmas music and decorations, and of course I love getting seriously good deals at my favorite stores, but I love Thanksgiving too! We can’t just skip over it!

Pretty sure I wrote a blog last Thanksgiving about how much I love watching the parade, eating yummy food, and spending time with my family. This year, I am breaking tradition. Yup, I am not going to watch Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade…well, most of it. This year I am going to participate in the Gobble Jog 10K bright and early in the am. I am looking forward to it! I am making a serious point to enjoy this race and not be so hard on myself about my performance. This will be my 2nd official 10K race, and it just happens to be a qualifier for the Peachtree Road Race, which I am so hoping to do next year. However, this will be my first race in cooler temperatures, I haven’t done as much hardcore training since the half marathon, and it’s a holiday. So, and I am going to have fun and enjoy the fact that I can eat more turkey and my mom’s amazing sweet potato soufflé since I’ll be starting off my day burning lots of calories! Who knows, maybe I’ll have a new Thanksgiving morning tradition from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment